What makes the building satisfactory in the end is the way in which each move has been thought through at so many different levels.
Cable & Wireless plc commissioned us to design a telecommunications training and conference centre on a 10-acre site overlooking Warwickshire’s green belt. Together with the client, we established a very detailed brief including exemplary environmental objectives for the project.
Teaching rooms are located at the front of the site and are highly flexible, north-lit and naturally ventilated. An ocular court forms the social hub of the complex, linking residential, administration, catering and teaching facilities. A separate leisure pavilion lies to the east. The wings are linked at first floor by a library and telecommunications exhibition space.
We also managed and co-ordinated the fit-out of the building.
- Cable & Wireless
- British Association of Landscape Industries Award, 1996
- Concrete Society Award – Overall Winner, 1996
- Civic Trust Award, 1996
- Plaisterers’ Trophy Regional Award, 1995
- RFAC/Sunday Times Building of the Year, 1994
- RIBA National Architecture Award, 1994
- RIBA Regional Architecture Award, 1994
- Download PDF 2.01 MB